Tuesday, February 28, 2012

EXECUTIVE DECISION


Guest post of the week by Val Flores

Now that I am the boss, I made an executive decision the other day. One that I couldn’t get our previous boss to do, even though we worked on her for years. She recently left because she wanted to have a baby and stay at home. I was next in the queue for a promotion. I decided that it would be best for employee morale if I visited expertsatellite.com and got television in the break room. Our break room is terrible. It is definitely not a place where you would enjoy eating your lunch, thus, most people take their full hour lunch break and the office basically shuts down at lunch. This gets to be pretty annoying. I know that our customers get annoyed if they call and everyone is out for lunch. Usually, they are calling on their lunch breaks and us being closed I think costs us a lot of business. Now that we are going to update the break room, I am hoping that people will be more enthusiastic about lunch time and not want to run off for an hour. I guess we will see how it goes, but I personally think that it will be worth the investment.

No comments: