Monday, September 28, 2009

My Experience During Typhoon Ondoy

Last Saturday, My son Ethan and I went to San Lazaro Hospital because of the cat bite he got last Friday night. I have to bring him there because I wanted to have his anti rabies injection immediately. I know there is a typhoon that day, and I also know there would be no passenger jeeps but I still did try to get one. Thank goodness we did able to ride a jeep going to Monumento. But when we reach Monumento, most of the streets we're all flooded. We don't have any choice but to walk hoping we could get another jeep going to San Lazaro via JP Rizal Avenue. Sadly there were no more jeeps in the streets. Most of the vehicles I am seeing that time were private cars only trying to pass in that overflowing floods in the streets. So I carried Ethan and crossed Samson road to be able to go to LRT station coz that's the only ride available that time. The flood was very scary. I feel like the it's going to pull my feet. I am afraid for my Son if ever I slipped or something. But then thank God for He didn't let anything bad happen to us. So we rode LRT going to Bambang and then we just walked to San Lazaro coz it's between Tayuman and Bambang stations. Surprisingly floods are everywhere! I don't have choice but to walk in that dirty floods, all I wanted that time is to bring my Son to San Lazaro Hospital. I don't care if has typhoon as long as I can take care of my son and he's not getting into danger. When we reach the Hopsital I am already happy that my son has already given the needed injection. We have to return again on the 30th of September. When were about to go home, I didn't try to go home in Malabon yet for I know that there will be no way to go home. There are no Jeeps and even trucks coz the floods are really high. I just headed to my Aunt's house in 2nd Avenue Caloocan. We stayed there until Sunday morning. I thought that day is already end of the World. I was worried because my family is not complete. Me and Ethan was in caloocan and my hubby and daughter were in Malabon. I hate that scenario. I hate being away from my Family when there's a calamity like that. If I were not in Christian Family that day, I wouldn't be able to act strong. I will be worrying more if there is no more communications between me and my husband. God is really Good! I hope other typhoon victims will have faith also. I hope they're okay now. I know everything will back to normal soon. God Bless Us!

2 comments:

Enchie said...

My son got sick too over the weekend. Buti na lang, inspite of everything we're able to survive that day...

Unknown said...

Hi sis, Praise God that despite of the flood , Ethan had the anti-rabies shot. Thanks God also that you were not stranded on the streets like other people were and were able to reach at your Aunt's house. Yes, you must be worried that you were separated from your hubby and daughter, but bless you as you are all okay.