Friday, August 28, 2009

Mommy Moments : Name Game

I'm back again! I don't wanna miss this week's theme. I also wanna share how we came up with our kiddos names. First of all, these are my kiddos in their latest picture....

My daughter Elisha Freya on her Filipiniana costume taken just today.

My son Ethan Franz's latest pic taken this month

I love giving names to newly born kids, I actually gave all of my nieces names when I was still single. During that time, choosing names seems so easy for me coz I can easily pick names for my nieces. I gave them these names : (my brother's daughters) Aliyyah Gayle, Alynnah Grace and Alyssah Mae; (my siter's daughter) Jeszerie - combination of the parents name Jeffrey and Jessa. When I got pregnant to my first born, and had a chance to know that she is a girl hubby and I asked each other if we have any names in our head. I actually had lots of name in my mind during that time but I found it not perfect for my first child. I wanted it something unique so I thought of combining my mother in-law's name with my mom and my name but most of my close friends didn't agree with me espaecially my husband. I tried looking again for another name, I decided to find some names in norse myth book. I found so many interesting names but hard to spell so I end up with FREYA - a norse goddess of love. Finally hubby agreed with the name so he just added his chosen name ELISHA - inspired from a foreign artist's name meaning God is Gracious. That's how we came up with ELISHA FREYA. My second born was named ETHAN FRANZ. His name was suppose to be Elijah Frey sounds like his ate's name Elisha freya. Elijah is also a biblical name and Frey is Freya's twin brother (in norse myth). But since we don't want people to get confuse with their names, we decided to change it to ETHAN FRANZ still has an initials of E and F. The whole name was given by my husband, since it's a boy I did let him chose. ETHAN was inspired from a movie Mission Impossible character Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) and FRANZ was supposed to be France but he just modified it a little. It's really hard to choose a name, you really have to make sure you're giving a name that they will surely love. I am now thinking of another name with initials of E and F if ever we have another kid again someday. Want to share your Mommy Moments with us? Join HERE!

5 comments:

Azumi's Mom ★ said...

wow eto na pala yung pic nung linggo ng wika nila... pretty freyah.. lam mo, actually elisha angela yung gusto ko dati nung di pa ko preggy kc addict kamisa 24 series nun. Nung na-preggy na, kailangan may japanese name so elisha azumi.. kaso lang si hubby eversince gusto nya angela...

nweis, ganda ng name combi ng mga kids mo. So next baby EF di nyan...

Jac said...

Nice pictures mare cute talaga ng mga angels mo btw senxa na di ako nakaka dalaw sobrang busy ko lately...
Anyway gandang name ng kids mo bagay sa personality nila...
see U in FB ehehe

Chris said...

the names suits your kids :)

Yami said...

You're really good at giving every kids in your family including your own beautiful names. Galing! Bakit kaya di magload ang mga pictures dito sa browser ko. Anyway, most kids have their grand time during the celebration of Linggo ng Wika. Ako lang yata ang walang kuha ang mga anak this year.

Genefaith said...

love their names..ganda naman ng name and I love the meaning..xenxia minsan nalang makadalaw so busy na kasi...

Our Adventures Together/
Her and History
Tasty Exploration